Senior Network Engineer Opportunity
12-18 Month Contract
Location: Milpitas, CA
Senior Network Engineer
Cisco seeks a Senior Network Engineer to join the Cloud Collaboration Technology Group and assist the IaaS Load Balancing team in maximizing network availability and functionality to achieve our business goals. The Network Engineer is responsible for the design, deployment and sustaining processes required to provide carrier class network services to our customers. In this role, you will be working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with providing subject matter expertise and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for operations, projects, development, and automation related to WebEx network and data center infrastructure, specifically for load balancers (NetScalers).
• Initial point of contact for network production issues.
• Proactively monitor the network and ensure the highest possible levels of performance and availability.
• Partner with cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and customer cases.
• Production Acceptance of new load balancer deployments
• Must be able to work weekday and weekend on-call rotation.
Candidates must meet the minimum requirements outlined.
• Minimum Requirements: (“Must have” Qualifications)
1. Typically requires BS, CS, or equivalent plus 8+ years progressive experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment.
2. Expert level of knowledge and expert troubleshooting experiences in Load Balancing technologies (specially NetScalers).
3. High Availability protocols and Global Server Load Balancing technologies.
• Desired Skills/Qualifications/System Experience requirements: (“Nice to have Qualifications”)
1. Hands-on experience in scripting languages (python, etc) to automate repeated network operations procedures.
2. Strong knowledge and troubleshooting experiences in some of the following areas:
• Various load balancing technologies including HAProxy
• IP internetworking and Routing & Switching.
• DataCenter Switching.
• WAN circuits and protocols (Ethernet, MPLS).
• Dynamic IP Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, PIM Multicast).
• Expertise on latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (CRS, Nexus, IOS-XR, NX-OS)
• Expertise in AS connectivity (eBGP, MPLS)
• Stateful firewalls, SSL, VPN
• Virtualization technologies, both networking (VRF, VDC, Nexus1kv) and compute (VMware, Openstack)
• Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large scale network environment.
• Knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning.
• Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Must be creative and have initiative.
• CCIE or equivalent is a plus.